Leading the way into the Firm’s second century, our Technology and Social Media Practice Group brings together the resources of all of the Firm’s diverse practice areas to address the wide array of cutting-edge issues arising at the intersection of law and technology in today’s rapidly evolving global community.
Whether dealing with traditional I.P. areas such as copyright and trademark, organization and funding of technology enterprises, or such cyberlaw topics as misuse or abuse of social networking sites or other internet resources (including defamation and cyberbullying), compliance with electronic recordkeeping requirements, employer rights in the digital age or electronic surveillance issues, our attorneys’ wealth of experience lets us effectively address our clients’ technology-related legal needs.
TYPES OF CLIENTS
Our clients include technology-related companies, health care providers, schools and universities, cable television service providers, and a wide variety of other employers and entrepreneurs in need of digital era legal counsel. From assistance with formation and financing of startup ventures through counsel on the myriad legal issues created by the impact of the internet or technology, our resources are second to none.
TYPES OF SERVICES / AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Intellectual Property counseling and prosecution
- Technology Transfer or Licensing Agreements
- Acceptable Use Policies
- Social Media Use Policies
- Employee misuse of technology or social media
- HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
- FERPA and electronic student records issues
- Legal ramifications of development/maintenance of websites
- Legal issues in developing and maintaining corporate intranets or social media pages
- Data/information security policies
- Internet speech and First Amendment issues
- Invasion of Privacy Rights
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act compliance
- Communications Decency Act
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Domain name disputes/UDRP actions or appeals