Jonathan Donath has well over a decade of experience representing clients ranging from international institutional entities to local businesses. He focuses his legal practice on commercial litigation, professional liability, pharmaceutical/products liability, employment litigation, environmental litigation and advising clients on environmental issues and business counseling.
Recently, Jonathan completed IADC’s Trial Academy at Stanford Law, an intensive trial academy program where the faculty is comprised of some of the nation’s most successful litigators and trial attorneys.
From 2006 to 2007, Jonathan served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Bryan D. Garruto of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County.
- Named a "New Leader of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal® (2015)*
- Included on the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2011-2012, 2016-2017)*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Panelist, "Rule of Law" panel presented by Fairleigh Dickinson University's Prelaw program, April 28, 2021
- Co-author, "Environmental Justice Law Likely to Add Cost and Time to New Jersey Development Projects for Years to Come," March 2, 2021
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, DRI
- Member, NJDA Products Liability Subcommittee
- Past Member of Executive Committee of Young Lawyers Division
- Past President of Clinton BNI
In recent years, Jonathan has successfully pursued his clients’ interests in a variety of legal areas:
- Represented international telecommunications client in multiparty, complex litigation matter involving issues of property damage and subrogation through discovery, dispositive motions, mediation and obtained favorable resolution through settlement at trial
- Obtained six-figure settlement after multi-year property tax appeal litigation for commercial property owner in Bergen County after presentation of favorable expert valuation opinion to the Tax Court Judge
- Obtained multiple favorable judgments from the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights in matters involving claims of employment discrimination
- Successfully defended against claims asserted by professional’s former client relating to underlying commercial tenancy dispute and obtained favorable resolution at mediation
- Obtained dismissal of Federal court action filed against international security company client involving claims of civil rights violations, conspiracy, negligence and others
- Represented foreign pharmaceutical manufacturing company in a contract dispute with a large international pharmaceutical company resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement during litigation
- Defended international pharmaceutical company client in mass tort litigation filed by numerous plaintiffs and obtained very favorable resolution of matters before trial